Please note this was written at a time when there were not restrictions in place. Local area restrictions might affect what is open both in the area and common spaces within your accommodation. To find out more, visit https://www.gold.ac.uk/accommodation/halls/.
- Located in New Cross and is a 2-minute walk from campus.
- Nearest tube and train station: New Cross. It’s a 3-minute walk.
- Trains: You can take a southeastern train and you’ll be in London Bridge in less than 5 minutes.
- Tube lines: London Overground. You can get to Shoreditch in 15 minutes or to Canada Water in 5 and change to get to Central London.
- There’s quite a variety of things to do in New Cross and if you get bored of one place, you’ve got a wide range of options
- Pubs: Marquis of Granby is behind the corner, which takes you 30 seconds to get to. Go to the New Cross House if you want a more chill and cozy atmosphere. Fat Walrus has a great backdoor garden and….its own dog!
- New Cross is such a vibrant and lively area. I think it’s perfect for students as there’s a very active student community around, which is often split between pubs and cafes. Everything is so close that you will always find familiar faces. It will feel like living in a small village, but the great thing is that you have the option to get to central London in 30 minutes.
- You can also take lovely walks and runs that will take you to beautiful, picturesque Greenwich or to quiet Telegraph Hill, where you will be able to admire the beauty of London from afar. This is also a great spot to have picnics or to chill on the grass with your friends.