Please note this was written at a time when there were not restrictions in place. Local area restrictions might affect what is open both in the area and common spaces within your accommodation. To find out more, visit https://www.gold.ac.uk/accommodation/halls/.
- Ewen Henderson court is named after one of the most influential English ceramic artist of the 20th century who studied at Goldsmiths.
- It has a Ben & Jerry’s ice-cream machine (!)
- There is a lovely outdoor communal area, to relax with your friends and enjoy some fresh air (though you’ll need to check your emails for opening times and access information until further notice.) There is also a common room with sofas, a TV and pool table where some of the events take place. We have organised events such as breakfasts, Halloween parties, Thanksgiving and ice-cream day!
- New Cross is home to a great diverse student population, with lots of places to eat out.
- There are plenty of local shops to grab fresh groceries as well as supermarkets, student-cafés and restaurants.
- To make the most of any sunny day there are many parks around the area such as Telegraph Hill, Deptford Green and a short bus ride from Greenwich Park.
- Nearby, there are also local markets and you can attend Goldsmith’s cinema for very little with your student discount. (Check the Curzon website for current information around opening times.)